Body painting, or sometimes body painting, is a form of body art. Unlike tattoo and other forms of body art, body painting is temporary, painted onto the human skin, and lasts for only several hours, or at most (in the case of Mehndi or “henna tattoo”) a couple of weeks.
Painting your shoulders, thighs or backs can be sexy as well as modest.
Many women prefer to go for nude body painting which is also sexy but you should think wisely as it may take hours to perfectly paint your body. The paints used in body painting are non-toxic and non-allergic. Body painting is not just painting on nude bodies or face but its an expression of art.
Want to try body painting?
Top 10 Body Painting Ideas
- Paint your clothes on. Wear a skirt, a suit, lingerie or a football jersey by just getting it painted on.
- Animal Prints have always been around in clothes or accessories and even in body painting. Be a cat, leopard, white tiger or another jungle animal and express your wild instincts.
- Be your favorite character – Paint your face to be poison ivy with red hair or a furry cat or go full body with mermaid inspired body paint.
- The Egyptian Era – How many of you envied the body paint design in The Mummy returns on ‘Anaksunamun’, the Egyptian woman. A mix of gold and black, the Egyptian women loved to paint their faces and bodies and with body paint in fashion you can be an Egyptian too.
- Henna based Body Paint – Using most body paints, the tattooing only last a few hours but henna takes a slow time to fade over days. Henna used to do lingerie body painting can be very attractive. The only thing to be careful about is that though it may a natural product, some people may find themselves allergic to it.
- Be Part of the Nature – Wear an army jungle camouflage or snake skin. You could even try a design to make you part of a sculpture or painting otherwise. A lot exhibits use body painting or part of your face painting to add to their work. Also, it is famous in ways of doing protests for various causes.
- Gold Body Painting – Talk about looking absolute finery and you can get yourself painted in gold, silver, copper colors. Think royal, these colors are absolute favorites.
- Latex Liquid Body Paint – Very convincing as clothing. The name itself tells you that it has latex compound and hence helps achieve the look of clothing. A hint of caution, check first with a patch test for any allergy. Help yourself to some moisturizer and try on a Superman, Batman, Robin or Cat-woman body design.
- Swimsuit Body Painting – The only form of body painting that no one objects to. Featured in the Sports Illustrated, it really shows how a model can look her absolute gorgeous self with a ‘body painted’ swimsuit. Pick your style of swim wear and get it painted.
- Hand Art – You don’t really need to get your whole body or face painted, instead settle for a hand painting alone. Depict animal faces using a full hand or logos, characters on a single finger alone.